Our Leadership Builder program is a leadership development program that explores and demonstrates a proven ability to successfully establish and execute on Key Expectations—expectations where not delivering is not an option. Based on the New York Times bestselling leadership book, How Did That Happen?, this program provides individuals, managers, and senior leaders a proven methodology to follow that provides a positive, principled way of holding others accountable using the Accountability Sequence® model. Additionally, the solution provides managers and leaders the ability to troubleshoot scenarios in which a Key Expectation may fail to be delivered.
Develop Your Leaders with Accountability
Leadership development continues to be a major area of focus for organizations today. As we’ve worked in the leadership space for nearly three decades, we found that one of the key challenges in developing tomorrow’s leaders or strengthening current ones, deals with the manner and method in which they hold others accountable. We’ve created a process to evaluate an individual’s manner and designed a framework that any upcoming or existing leader can follow that helps to ensure that everyone is held accountable in the same way and facilitates the successful execution of Key Expectations.
Specifically, we partner with our clients to implement the Leadership Builder program in their organization to:
- Create positive accountability: We help our clients redefine accountability when it comes to holding others accountable as a positive, while providing a principled process for carrying out expectations.
- Properly FORM expectations: This process helps leaders and managers form Key Expectations in a way that is frameable, obtainable, repeatable, and measureable—ensuring successful understanding and execution.
- Establish the “Why”: We help our clients positively establish the “Why” behind each Key Expectation. This reinforces the meaning behind the expectation, getting the hearts and minds of those being held accountable involved.
- Diagnosing expectations to ensure alignment: We help leaders and managers utilize a simple and meaningful dialogue to determine if those being held accountable are aligned with the “Why” behind the expectation.
- Provide a troubleshooting framework: We provide our clients a tested process for determining where problems are or may arise when an expectation is in danger of failing to be delivered. This has helped our clients rebound quickly when problems arise, allowing for successful execution of expectations.
- Improve employee morale: We help managers and employees follow an agreed upon system for carrying out expectations, making employees better prepared and accepting of the process while positively impacting morale.
The Right Way to Hold Others Accountable
Over half of the respondents from our Workplace Accountability Study of 40,000 professionals felt that the greatest concern people have of how others hold them accountable is because there is no consistency in the approach and manner they use to hold them accountable to carry out and deliver an expectation. This points to a need for a system—and our Accountability Sequence model is just the model that helps provide a positive, principled way of holding others accountable.
We see examples every day of companies that are profoundly affected because someone failed to properly hold someone else accountable for meeting specific expectations. Almost without fail, we can explain what happened by looking at the situation and applying our Leadership Builder approach and the Accountability Sequence model.
When we work with our clients in rolling out this version of accountability, we have seen dramatic improvements in organizational performance and excellence. Using Accountability Builder and our intuitive Steps to Accountability® model, we help clients build a strong foundation of positive accountability that delivers long-term, sustainable growth. Specifically, this program helps organizations to:
- Improve performance: We help clients improve performance and close performance gaps through our SOSD™ Accountability Tool. This tool helps leaders and members of the workforce identify, work through, and execute on areas of opportunity.
- Strengthen leadership: We help clients create greater transparency and an environment of trust throughout the workplace by providing a proven model for exchanging feedback.
- Increase employee engagement: Creating positive personal accountability at all levels of a workforce instills an empowering Above The Line® behavior and encourages joint accountability for delivering on the top three or four key results of an organization.
- Create environments of innovation: We help clients create cultures of innovation, where cross-department collaboration and necessary risk-taking is encouraged and a fail-fast attitude is embraced.
- Enhance personal development: Not only does this program support the achievement of our clients’ missions but also facilitates the personal development of every member of the organization trained in this solution, resulting in higher employee retention and satisfaction levels.
Interested in learning more about Leadership Builder? Check out our core training models.
1 Day Events
Take the next step in building a community of positive accountability in your workplace through an active plan of onsite trainings, train your trainer programs or by attending a 1 day event
Our Accountability experts come onsite to your location to train your team or your entire company. You receive assessments, consultations, workbooks, access to our Partners In Leadership tools online and more.